Does my knowledge question sound "TOK- ey"?

slipnikz

HELP!

So im currently trying to formulate my knowledge question for my TOK presentation which I am working on. My real life situation has to do with artificial intelligence and their consciousness in relation to humans. Currently my KQ as it stands is ; To what extent can reason be used as a way for artificial intelligence to exhibit human-like consciousness?

My fear is that the question is not relevant as an exploration of knowledge issues in tok. Does anyone have any ideas which could help me out? 

I don't think it is necessary to include an AoK in the RQ but in presentation preferably you focus upon one or two. It's just that this is an WoK focused presentation and not an AoK-focused one. Consider making RQ more about Reason as the supreme WoK and use artificial intelligence as a real life scenario rather than part of the RQ. 

• Like 2

On 2017-10-23 at 9:41 PM, kw0573 said:

I don't think it is necessary to include an AoK in the RQ but in presentation preferably you focus upon one or two. It's just that this is an WoK focused presentation and not an AoK-focused one. Consider making RQ more about Reason as the supreme WoK and use artificial intelligence as a real life scenario rather than part of the RQ. 

That's what I was thinking, perhaps I should then change the question to something like : "To what extent can reason be used to exhibit consciousness?" Thank you to all that replied on this thread, I have a better understanding of my topic now!