Help with EE Research Question

Samuel Samson

Hi,

First, welcome to IB Survival. 

Here you can ask questions about just about anything IB, but I'd advise you to think more about this one. Have you thought of any ideas? Have you read through the subject-specific guide which gives examples created by IB themselves? More or less, I want to know how we can actually help you. Nobody's just going to suggest a prompt to you. First, it's outsourcing your work, which I might be happy to do if you were to pay me, but you aren't, so that's off the table. Second, it borders on academic dishonesty. And third, you need to choose a topic that you like so that you aren't miserable for the next nine months while writing the EE (or at least if you are your wrath can only be self-directed :P).

We're happy to you here, but we can't work miracles. 

• Like 3

Book recs for EE are difficult, as it really depends on what you are interested in and what you are prepared to dedicate yourself to for the next few months. I think the best way to go about it is consider books that you have studied throughout your school life, particularly within your DP class, and go from there. Additionally, there are also 'IB Reading Lists' that may be worth a look to see if there is anything of interest (or simply to serve as a way to understand what sort of texts are 'accepted' by the IB). If you do find a book, do make sure to double check with whoever is head of that EE subject or your supervisor!

Ultimately, deciding what book you want to study really comes down to you. There are definitely ways you can gather information or recommendations, but in the end you are the one who's going to write the essay and you have to be sure that it's something that won't actually kill you by the end of the year-long process. From there you just write and write and write :)

Hope this helps a bit!

• Like 1

Choose something that is "of literary interest" and is complex enough to allow you write 4000 words. You can also choose two books for a comparative ee, if you think one alone is not enough. But I agree with emmaxesc12 and Nomenclature, ultimately it will depend on you what you choose.

• 2 months later...