Hi, I'm planning to write my EE on the book "Spies" by Michael Frayn as a Category one. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any research questions for it or possibly suggest any books to compare it to. Books in the genre of growing up or coming of age would be appreciated.

PLEASE,

Thank you. :')

• Like 2

If you are Literature HL or SL student then chances are you can always relate to a book/work you read in class on coming-of-age, or broadly speaking any book in which growth of a character is emphasized. Similarly for the Literature Written Assignment the instructor would have suggested or recommended a list of topics or starting points(albeit not on this particular book). If you do not take Literature, you can ask someone who may be in that class.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kw0573 said:

If you are Literature HL or SL student then chances are you can always relate to a book/work you read in class on coming-of-age, or broadly speaking any book in which growth of a character is emphasized. Similarly for the Literature Written Assignment the instructor would have suggested or recommended a list of topics or starting points(albeit not on this particular book). If you do not take Literature, you can ask someone who may be in that class.

Hi, thank you for the suggestion. I take HL English LAL and my instructor mentioned how it couldn't be one of the works that I am currently studying, therefore I picked Spies. I was looking for recommendations on any other books related to coming-of-age or growth of a character since I don't happen to know any suitable ones. 

Thank you for the tips btw. :)

I looked up the EE Guide before I made my first reply and it says the following on p 112 (EE Guide 2018, revised Jan 2017)

The EE may relate to work students have already completed during the course, but they must also demonstrate relevant wider reading and individual study.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the topic of their EE does not overlap with any other work they are preparing for assessment in language A—for example, the written assignment in the literature course, or the written task in the language and literature course. 

If you insist on an example, Catcher in the Rye is a classic.

• Like 1