Statistics IA- is scattergraphs necessary?

udawn

Hi!

My Maths SL IA is statistics/correlation based, where I see if theres a correlation between age and rankings given to the top 10 photos of a photography competition.

I was thinking of excluding scattergraphs from my IA because constructing 1 graph each for my ten pics take up a lot of space. Plotting 2 pics on 1 graph is really messy too. 8/10 pics have no correlation, so including their scattergraphs seem kinda pointless. However, having a visual representation of my data will be nice, especially since I can do my line of best fit for the 2/10 that has correlations.

i have chi square, pearsons and spearmans so far. Would excluding scattergraphs be detrimental to my ia? Thanks so much!!

If you think that it would be beneficial but space consuming, you could always create an appendix, and put your graphs there, then refer to them in your IA.

Besides, A Statistics IA would not be complete in my eyes without some form of graphs to represent your data.

Hope this helps.