Easiest to Hardest?

Erika Kim

Hey! I’m Erika, and I’m a tenth grader which I’m starting IB next year! I know it’s a little too early to start deciding what courses I want to take, but I did it anyway. I just want you to tell me how hard the classes are from your experience.

1. English Lit HL

2. Biology HL

3. Math SL

4. History of America HL

5. Spanish B SL

6.  Film SL

7. TOK

• 2 weeks later...

That is a very good and manageable selection - I took the same ones in 11th grade. The most challenging ones in my opinion are History and TOK - make sure to listen (which is key in TOK especially) in class, and do your homework! Many people fail TOK/end up doing bad because they do not do the practice. When you start doing logic and eventually studying math/science, doing practice and reading notes will help you immensely. 

• 2 months later...

From what I've heard from my seniors who are currently studying in the IB Programme, English Lit (HL) will be a huge challenge if your foundation for critical analysis of texts is weak. Other than that, I cannot provide much insight, for the other courses are not provided in my school (other than Bio and Math). Hope this helps!