JapanIB

I am a senior currently taking the IB diploma and thinking of applying to either Keio GIGA, PEARL or Waseda SPSE. For waseda, although their IB average acceptance score is 37/42, would a score below that average still be enough to make it into Waseda SPSE? Also, although Keio does not have any IB admission related statistics, if anyone knows, what is the average IB score for people who get accepted to Keio PEARL and GIGA? Do they also look at your math level or if you have a bilingual diploma?

Edited by JapanIB

Hiya, I'm living in Japan also and can answer one of your questions,

I'm not sure about Keio PEARL or GIGA but as far as I know, the lowest IB score for Waseda is around 35. Below that and you have no chance. I'd assume if you contact a Keio admissions personnel they would be able to give you information regarding the IB scores.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hi! I'm living in Tokyo right now and for Waseda, I know two people who got into Economics with a score of 34/42, but they both had great extra-curricular activities, and one of them even had a bilingual diploma. For Keio, they are both fairly new programs and I guess it's better for you to contact the admissions office if you cannot find information online.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, callumnicus said:

Hiya, I'm living in Japan also and can answer one of your questions,

I'm not sure about Keio PEARL or GIGA but as far as I know, the lowest IB score for Waseda is around 35. Below that and you have no chance. I'd assume if you contact a Keio admissions personnel they would be able to give you information regarding the IB scores.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Is that score for Waseda out of 45 or 42?