Written profile PLEASE HELP

sarv

Hello! 

I'm a grade 8 Canadian student applying for Bayview High school's pre-Ib. I know that besides the French and English and math, there is also a written profile. Does anyone know how that works? Please please please help me!! How long does it have to be? What do you have to write?

A written profile is baisically a resume of some achievements and skills of yours that you think would make you perfect for the IB program. For example, if you participated in any competitions (Spelling Bee, Mathematica), if you were in the student council at your school, if you were part of the French Club or if you're a part of any athletic teams. These are just a few ideas and examples - there's so much you can put down.

You can also write out some skills you have - for example, if you were a part of a certain team for a specific amount of years, you can say that this shows you're dedicated. If you received any awards at school (Honour Roll, French Award) you can put those down as well. 

I would say keep it a 1.5 pages long. You can write it out in an essay format or point form. However, if you're really unsure about the criteria, just call the school or see if you can ask someone who has applied before or someone who is applying to see what they think. I didn't apply for Bayview, but many of my friends did and this is what they put down. 

I've heard that Bayview is tough with their acceptances! Good luck! 

Just incase - if you want any information on other IB schools in the GTA area, feel free to PM me! 

Edited by saarad_
  • Like 3

On 11/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, saarad_ said:

A written profile is baisically a resume of some achievements and skills of yours that you think would make you perfect for the IB program. For example, if you participated in any competitions (Spelling Bee, Mathematica), if you were in the student council at your school, if you were part of the French Club or if you're a part of any athletic teams. These are just a few ideas and examples - there's so much you can put down.

You can also write out some skills you have - for example, if you were a part of a certain team for a specific amount of years, you can say that this shows you're dedicated. If you received any awards at school (Honour Roll, French Award) you can put those down as well. 

I would say keep it a 1.5 pages long. You can write it out in an essay format or point form. However, if you're really unsure about the criteria, just call the school or see if you can ask someone who has applied before or someone who is applying to see what they think. I didn't apply for Bayview, but many of my friends did and this is what they put down. 

I've heard that Bayview is tough with their acceptances! Good luck! 

Just incase - if you want any information on other IB schools in the GTA area, feel free to PM me! 

Thank you so much! I'm actually new to Canada (I've only been here for a few months) So I'm pretty clueless about these things. Thankfully, I'm not ESL. 

• Like 1

i would love to help you as I was in your shoe last year. I’m currently a student at bayview and boy is the ib program a shift in workload. The written profile isn’t actually that complicated! You are given a piece of paper that’s lined and usually u will write no more than a page (you can go on the back of the paper, but since there’s no lines for you to write on there, I suggest you not to). The topic of your essay is why the ib program is suited for you and why you want to be part of it. I suggest u to write a copy of essay yourself with that topic beforehand so you have a general formate and idea for what you will write on the actual test. Hope that helped!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...