Exams Scheduled on Same Day

ABKor752

I don't take my exams until May, but out of curiosity, what happens if scheduling causes two of our IB exams to take place at the same time? How does readjusting work? I have IB Music and literally everyone but one student has another exam at the same time. Would they move everyone including that student, or keep that student and move everyone to a different time?

The school will ask IB for an appropriate alternative, but the easiest is to just to move everyone in the same class if all but one student are affected. Otherwise, the school has to ensure that students do not get access to exam materials from a peer and it's much more tedious. 

• Like 2

I have two days where my exams are scheduled at the same time. I was told that I would be taking them the same day just one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Your IB coordinater will take care of you, it's not like they're just gonna say tough luck kid you won't be able to do the IB diploma because of your testing schedule. Don't worry about it. My more coordinate said that they will also treat us super well if we have two IB tests on the same day, hopefully, this means I get my coordinators famous brownies!

• Like 2