Help with IA

Lana426

Hi everyone!

I am a DP2 student and our Math teacher has started talking about our IA. My main idea is to compare acceptance rates of for an example, top 100 colleges in the US for Econ (which I want to study) and then compare it to the median salaries graduates get from those unis. I want to see if there's any correlation between the two in order to figure out whether I should apply for highly selective schools. If the correlation is not that high, then it doesn't really make sense for me to apply to them as the return will be the same if I go to a moderately selective school. I would construct a regression line and everything.

My main question is - is this too simple of a concept for Math SL? I want to add a more complex concept that would fit in with the topic, but I can't think of anything. Do you have any ideas that might help me? For an example, I thought about constructing a utility value curve or something, but after discussing it with my teacher, we figured that it wouldn't work. She suggested constructing some pie charts, but it sounds like that would be way too simple.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me as this is due by the end of the month.

Thanks! :D