Are IB questions ever repeated

themthem

Hello procrastinators,

Are IB paper questions ever repeated? Now by repeated, I don't mean word-to-word––is it possible that papers can have the same question, but with a different wording?

When I was in IGCSE, all my teachers said that questions will never be repeated. But after doing many past-year papers, I realized that questions were repeated, usually not word-to-word.

I'm not talking about those small definition questions. Are other questions repeated?

Thanks!

I wouldn't bet on any questions being repeated word for word. But if you mean concept wise, sure there are repeats. I mean balance H2 + O2 => H2O is asking you to use the same skill as balance Al + CuSO4 => Al + AlSObut are two different questions. 

They might ask similar questions year to year, but they aren't close enough to be able to predict what's going to be on the exam. In my opinion, it better to become familiar with how IB structures their exams/questions rather than trying to game the system and guess what the questions are going to be on them. 

Yeah, some very basic questions are often repeated, like I'm pretty sure every year there is always a question on the IB Chem paper 2 which says, "Define average bond enthalpy." It will probably test the same skills but for questions with more depth it probably won't be repeated exactly or with slight word changes.