24 Points IB2 (Dp2) First Term

Guest2182417318129

Schools set their own rules. Official "IB points" aren't actually awarded until you have taken your exams and they have been marked, but some schools don't let students take them if they feel the student won't do well. (Personally, I find it ridiculous and offensive that schools do this. It's really only to make themselves look better. They should let kids pass or fail on their own merits.)

As nomenclature said, each school has their own rules. However, I do have to disagree with him about the students taking the exams. If a student fails to get 24 in his midterm/end of term tests during IB 2, he's probably screwed. The exams get harder every year, especially physics and biology. So if you can't get at least 24 in these tests, you'll probably get way less in this year's exams. So you either step up your game or quit while you still have the chance.

I mean if you can't sustain the bare minimum requirement to obtain the IB diploma with less harsh conditions, what's to say you will meet them in hasher ones? I do not agree with schools preventing kids from taking the exams but I'd rather take it as advice on not to waste any further time unless you are VERY determined to bring about change before the exams.