Top UK Universities for Law

Nicole

I was supposed to be going to Australia for university, but we just found out that my parents are being moved to England and so now the UK is an option for me. I need to pick my universities by the end of the month at the latest, and I'd really appreciate some feedback from people on what they consider to be the top law schools in the UK.

Obviously Cambridge/Oxford are the top, but it's too late to apply to them. After that, LSE is supposed to be good, but I'm not sure which other universities come next. At the moment, I'm thinking of (based on their rankings in law from Times, Complete Guide etc.):
1. LSE
2. University College London
3. Nottingham
4. King's College London
5. Durham

But I've heard that some other ones are really good too, such as Warwick, Queen Mary's, Manchester etc. What do you all think?

Well since you've already seen the tables, there's no point in me mentioning that.

Queen Mary's, don't bother. Manchester is a good safety school that you can use, should you not get into any of your other choices. Strike off Nottingham, since it's rumoured to be a god awful city, and it has some of the highest crime statistics in the UK.

You can take Warwick and Bristol into view, their Law faculty is pretty well respected.

You might want to check that some universities require the LNAT, and since there is a time restriction on your application (you need to apply by Jan 15th to be considered equally), it could hamper your application.

• 2 months later...