General IB Knowledge - Ask mini-questions about IB here

ibnerd22222

You don't need to know what the technicalities in IB are at the moment. That can wait until after you've joined IB: your teacher will fill you in on these items. If you're deciding whether IB is for or not for you, you should be either talking to your IBC (IB Coordinator) or current/past IB students. :rofl:

I certainly agree. When I started IB, I hadn't really a clue about anything (I felt), but now things are getting more and more clear, even though I still don't understand some things. Just learn as you go!

MissIB2011- this is my POV only.

I think if you're the type of person that can handle stress and able to sit down and work properly, IB is for you.

People say its extremely hard, others say its not at all. Personally, I would say its challenging rather than hard.

I did IGCSE CAMBRIDGE right before it and its nothing like that.

Whether you're going to take HL or SL makes a big difference in the extent to which IB is challenging. Alot of the SL stuff in sciences, expecialyl biology, are really close to the IGCSE Extended(which isnt different from other similar programs).

IB is great-wierd im saying this, but it really is. It is the best preparation you could ever get for University in terms of everything.

If you are academically good, then go for it.

Lol, but trust me, you will regret it towards the end but deeps inside, you know you're going to be thankful for it for the rest of your life.

I'm not an IBC, I know. But this is my opinion. :)

This was in the Name your IB school thread, but thought it fits here more due to the question asked. Hope Mods and Admins dont mind this.

Hey everyone!

im new in both IB survival and IB and so anyone with advice, please share because im utterly desperate and lost about everything related to IB!! at least knowing that im not alone would be a good thing..

Tarsus American College, Turkey, May 2010

1) DO NOT PANIC! :rofl: Panicing sucks.

2) DO not, never ever procrastinate, very hard not to, but try.

3)Listen to your teachers. Im not joking, really.

4)Make the most of everymoment of fun, very nice memories.

• 1 month later...

Firstly How does that work? 7 for each course, that would be 7 x 6 = 42. were do the 3 points come from?

also. I know that you cannot just take your mark and divide it by 45 (x100) to get your percent. But on the basis that 86% is generally good, what would the equivalent to that be?

Firstly How does that work? 7 for each course, that would be 7 x 6 = 42. were do the 3 points come from?

also. I know that you cannot just take your mark and divide it by 45 (x100) to get your percent. But on the basis that 86% is generally good, what would the equivalent to that be?

The extra 3 points come from your TOK and EE components. Depending on the combination of grades you get in these two components, you either get 0, 1, 2 or 3 bonus points.

You don't divide your total by 45 to get a percentage. You just get your total points. A 35+ is considered pretty good and would get you into pretty decent universities. Of course top notch unis want 40+.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Philippe Arni
What are good sides to find past exam papers for good practice?

Sear on google before asking but anyways:

www.ibpapers.info

www.freeexampapers.com

If none of these work properly or if you need some that are not quoted there, buy them

directly from the ibo.org site (£1.5 per paper and markscheme)...

Hope that was helpful but please next time do some research :P

• 2 weeks later...

Let's say an English teacher is moderated and they found out that she/he had given one student one point to little on criterion B, are all the students given one point more or only those not scoring full marks on criterion B?

Okay, so I am going into IB2 next year, and a question has been bothering me for a bit. When do you recieve your IB diploma? At graduation? We are the first year of IB at our school, and I doubt that our coordinator knows that much about the program. Can anybody here tell me?

Okay, so I am going into IB2 next year, and a question has been bothering me for a bit. When do you recieve your IB diploma? At graduation? We are the first year of IB at our school, and I doubt that our coordinator knows that much about the program. Can anybody here tell me?

Sometime at the end of August or the beginning of September.