Biology SL Internal Assessment: Blood pressure and temperature experiment HELP

judeblue

Hi!

I am currently designing my Biology IA experiment to hopefully conduct this week.

I am sure that I want to investigate the affect temperature has on blood pressure because I have my own electric blood pressure cuff. My dilemma is that there are many different ways I could study this relationship and all of my methodology ideas so far have been shot down by my teacher. I would really like to see some decent ideas that can help me better develop the ideas I already have. I know there are many risks I have to be aware of because I am using human subjects and that I also need to control the group of people I choose (gender, weight, etc.)

These are what I have already asked my teacher about:

-Having my friends over at my house for a few hours and I could change the temperature of my house slightly then test their blood pressures (just a time and control of subjects)

-I could put the subjects in my car one at a time and change the A/C and heat of my car then record the temperature of the interior using a probe thermometer (my teacher had a concern of carbon monoxide poisoning even though I was going to do this outside anyway)

I know there are so many factors that I would have to control like: what they ate that day, their exercise level, etc. It would be great if I could get eliminate the human subjects factor all together but with my topic that would be impossible.

Any and all feedback on my ideas so far or possibly new ones would be greatly appreciated :)