Writing a good Historical Investigation

Survival Robot

2 hours ago, eathensmith said:

I need help on my research question. Topic: Cuban Missle Crisis- Attempted questions below, any that you see which you think would be good?

• To what extent did the U2 plane incident have an effect on the result of the Cuban missile crisis?

• What was the significance of the media in determining the result of the Cuban missile crisis?

• Was the Cuban missile crisis more motivated due to the political challenges or military?

• How effective was the quarantine on Cuban during the Cuban missile crisis?

• Assess the motivation/influencing factors behind (Khrushchev, JFK, Cuba) during the negotiations of the Cuban missile crisis?

All of them are excellent questions. They are well formulated and well focused. Just a comment on the last one, I would advise to select one important person to focus on or compare and contrast the factors behind Khrushchev and behind JFK. Other than that, they are all good questions and you should be able to do an effective IA on any one of them. Cheers

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eathensmith said:

I need an IA Question for IB History SL, I chose one, but my teacher said it needed to be more specific.

Evaluate the influencing factors of Khrushchev during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Should I put in a certain influencing factor or how else do I make this more specific?

A thing that he influenced is probably the best way to go about making this question more specific.