TOK PT 2

jana333

We know with confidence only when we know little; with knowledge doubt increases” (adapted from JW von Goethe). Discuss this statement with reference to two areas of knowledge. 

I'm trying to derive the best KQ possible.. I thought of something like "how can one use reasoning and faith in order to know whether it is appropriate to be skeptical?" I think my areas of knowledge would be religion and natural sciences... I still havent thought of any RLS's. Anyone have any tips/ideas/advice? Thank you :) 

Is this an essay question? If so you do not need an overall RLS, instead you just need smaller examples to support your claims and counterclaims. 

Language as a WoK is very interesting in which you relate complexity of language to that of the described concept/information. Definitions and precision of language could lead to doubts, in addition to doubts over facts. In natural sciences, sense perception can be brought up where more precise measurements, and perception through instruments can lead to a conclusion more or less convincing. For AoK, history is also an interesting choice, in which an answer is no longer straightforward as more pieces of history are unravelled. 

Edited by kw0573
  • Like 1

I am also doing the second prompt, and I have all of my real life situations apart from one counter claim. I decided to use the AOK of human sciences and am using the replication crisis in psychology as my RLS. I can't think of a counterclaim RLS.

Basically does anyone know an example in psych that shows that with increased knowledge doubt decreases?