Redoing my math ia in two days?

kaylabear

Yes, it's possible. I did most of my Math HL IA in one night.

Should you? I don't know what you mean when you say that "don't really do anything", but unless it's a fatal flaw in the essay, I don't think I would pull an all-nighter.

If what you mean is that there's no correlation between your variables, that is absolutely fine. There's nothing wrong with not having a correlation. Do your tests as you would normally and then make that conclusion. Correctly identifying no correlation is good math, good research, good scholarship, etc.

Being extremely pragmatic, you're not likely to get college credit from Math Studies and I assume you're going to university domestically, so if it's a minor error, a few less points in Math SL likely won't have much of a difference on your future. But being internally motivated and wanting to redo it isn't a bad thing either. Good luck.

• Like 1

The data I chose is "this much of that". In the one column in my table i have "this much of total number" and in the other column I have "total"... Trying to do any math with it I've come to see as almost impossible. I can do a percentage with it but that's about it. If you have any suggestions as to what I can do with my data that would be fantastic so I wouldn't have to completely redo my IA.

I'm really not that familiar with the Math Studies IA, but wouldn't you be analyzing calculations of the data en masse? I mean shouldn't you have two quantities one independent and the other dependant? If what you mean is you just have list of independent variables (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and then you have your dependant variables (1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5) that you are using abstractly, there are some things you could do in that case (one of them seems easy enough to figure out for me and involves a slight manipulation to one of the lists), but I'm not sure if it would be what your teacher would expect from an IA. I can't really give too much away without engaging in academic dishonesty here.

• 6 years later...
On 12/12/2017 at 7:55 AM, Nomenclature said:

I'm really not that familiar with the Math Studies IA, but wouldn't you be analyzing calculations of the data en masse? I mean shouldn't you have two quantities one independent and the other dependant? If what you mean is you just have list of independent variables (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and then you have your dependant variables (1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5) that you are using abstractly, there are some things you could do in that case (one of them seems easy enough to figure out for me and involves a slight manipulation to one of the lists), but I'm not sure if it would be what your teacher would expect from an IA. I can't really give too much away without engaging in academic dishonesty here.

Hello, I hope you are still active. I have to finish my Math IA in these few days. I have a research question but I don't know how to do it. I know how to start and how to finish but I don't know much about the development part. I hope you can help me. And I have to say, I find your profile picture very nice.