What Grade Did You Get for Your EE?

Alix

I wouldnt say its very rare. My B&M teacher showed me some past EEs and alot of then had As. So if I were, I would work to the maximum and give in my best, but most importantly follow the assessment criteria. I still havent done my EE yet, but thats the advice I usually get from my teachers. GOOD LUCK :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is because Group 2 EEs have the greatest flexibility in terms of what topics you can write about (you can write about the culture, language or literature of the target language). And, if you can actually write fluently in your Group 2 language that is good enough for a formal essay like EE, that means you are actually having extra advantage compared to those who may be struggling to write fluently. So, in such a way then a Group 2 EE will be 'easier' to tackle.

Edited by I`m Potato

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Red XII

I just got an A on my History EE in English on the duration of the Iran Hostage Crisis. I started writing it the night before the rough draft was due. I started researching it the night before that. Aside from those two nights, all I did was edit it for a few hours the night before the final draft was due.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an A for Visual Arts HL, mine was about Salvador Dali in context of the Spanish Civil War :) I'd say a rather easy one, didn't require much thinking/planning and a little polishing pulled it off really well... I could NEVER have done science EEs, I admire you all!!!

My EE was in English, Theatre to be specific and I explored the nuances of Shakespearean theatre and compared his sixteenth-century work to modern plays based on the popular 1950s movement on theatrical absurdity. As I developed my EE, my research question developed into pondering whether Shakespearean theatre was a form of precursor to this movement and through the course of my analysis I showed that it was most definitely a precursor because it held numerous absurdist qualities, but it was not the beginning by a long shot.

I really enjoyed my EE, it was the funnest part of my diploma and I guess my efforts and happiness shone through because I got an A on it. :D

Edited by Arrowhead

• 1 month later...

I have yet to get back my EE but I have another side question if you guys don't mind answering.

Does the EE count towards one's marks? I mean I know you can't get your IB diploma without it but say I got a C on my chem EE will that affect my high school mark or my uni application in any way?

• 4 weeks later...

I have yet to get back my EE but I have another side question if you guys don't mind answering.

Does the EE count towards one's marks? I mean I know you can't get your IB diploma without it but say I got a C on my chem EE will that affect my high school mark or my uni application in any way?

It will affect your total out of 42 as it is a bonus mark alongside your ToK mark. Having A's in both or an A and then a B, one may obtain 3 "bonus" marks (3 is the max). I use the term "bonus" loosely because we all know they really aren't bonus marks Dx

P.S.

Shouldn't your IB co-coordinator have handed out sheets regarding the EE and ToK grade?

I have also heard of some people attaining 45/42 on their diplomas which look pretty damn impressive.

Edited by Daniel Inchan Jung
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Predicted A, hopefully it'll actually be an A! History EE - To what extent do the events of Bosnia-Herzegovina, July 1995, demonstrate the limitations of the UN as a mechanism for peace? Wanted to do a human rights one but my school doesn't offer it... it ended up being pretty close to human rights though!