Are my grades ok

BSB

I just started grade 11 IB this year but I am worried about numbers. I have 87 in hl Chem, 84 in sl Bio, 85 in hl ENG, and 75 in french right now. Is this good. My marks are going up one percent at a time and my chem should reach a 90 by the end of the semester. Is this good for med school applications? I dont think so 

On 12/18/2017 at 0:30 AM, BSB said:

I just started grade 11 IB this year but I am worried about numbers. I have 87 in hl Chem, 84 in sl Bio, 85 in hl ENG, and 75 in french right now. Is this good. My marks are going up one percent at a time and my chem should reach a 90 by the end of the semester. Is this good for med school applications? I dont think so 

Yeah all those scores are 7s. Don't get cocky though, you may have done past papers from 2010 which were a piece of cake. Most likely your grades will start going down in March. Why? You'll lose motivation to keep going when you see the newer past papers. If you're different from the people in the next generation (i.e not a party animal), then you have nothing to worry about. Anyway, good luck!.

Ok thanks guys, but my teacher showed us at the beginning of they year of how the percent translates. A 97-100% is a 7 on IB scale, 90-96% is a 6, the 80's are a 5 and so on. The exams for bio and french are going to make 80% of our IB mark and the IA, for bio it is a design lab, which I am clueless about, and for french i think it is a written work. I just got a 90% on my english IOP, and that makes 15% of my IB mark for english.