Hello.

There is 50 days until last IB deadline and 4 months until external examinations.

My predicted scores are 3 on pretty much every subject, except for 6's in physics SL and math SL. I have always had the potential and intelligence to perform well (I think that's why I have good scores on maths) but for the last 3 years I have been in a stressful depression and numbness, so my intelectual skills have declined pretty much. I have also left behind my studies and I put almost no effort on them. 

Today I'm not ready for any of these examinations (internal nor external) and I think I will fail. I need to get minimum a 40 in order to get to the university and the career I want (Ivy League). Plus, english 

How can I, in only a few months, raise my knowledge and prepare for getting straight 7's in all the subjects?

Thank you.

You aren't going to get straight 7's. You can take solace in the fact that basically no one else does.

Study and study the stuff that makes you uncomfortable. Don't look at answers before you you complete a question or your are so stuck that you have no possible idea of what to do. Look at past papers, do them, and only then look at the mark scheme and really focus on what you got wrong.

Lastly–and this is perhaps the most important part–it's okay if you don't do as well as you wanted to. Not a lot of people go to Ivies. You have a goal and you want to achieve it, but often times people are just as happy or sad as they were after achieving or failing to achieve a goal. Work hard, try to achieve it, but if it doesn't pan out, then that's okay.

I knew two people in my class who wanted to be President of the U.S. Although I never told them, I knew they aren't going to be, just based on statistics. Their job then will be to find a different path which makes them happy. When the rest of us fail to reach some of our goals, we have the same task. 

You already speak English well. Un saludo cordial.

• Like 1