Hey! 

I am writing my first article for IA from Microeconomics. I know that I have to focus on this particular unit (not brining up other topic from our syllabus).

I am not sure whether what I want to describe is clearly a micro-case. It's an article about imposition of minimum wage in Ontario, the potential effect of which would be job losses. As the topic is a microeconomic one, I'm not sure whether the solution that I aim to propose is (unemployment is a part of MACROeconomy in the syllabus). I was thinking about offering subsidies to firms to increase the production and therefore, the demand for workers? But I'm not sure.

Thanks for your opinions :) 

Yea, your article is more of a macroeconomics topic. Yes, your solution can work, only if you can justify it strongly, use appropriate diagrams to help you!

P.S. you don't really have to do a microeconomics topic for your first commentary if you have troubles looking for a microeconomics article.. it could be from any topics (international trade, macroeconomics or anything.)

I did my first commentary on Microeconomics, second on international trade, third in macroeconomics 

Hope that helps, good luck!

• Like 1

On 1.02.2018 at 3:07 AM, NeedA40IB said:

Yea, your article is more of a macroeconomics topic. Yes, your solution can work, only if you can justify it strongly, use appropriate diagrams to help you!

P.S. you don't really have to do a microeconomics topic for your first commentary if you have troubles looking for a microeconomics article.. it could be from any topics (international trade, macroeconomics or anything.)

I did my first commentary on Microeconomics, second on international trade, third in macroeconomics 

Hope that helps, good luck!

I actually had to pick a micro topic since our teacher required us to do so.. The topic I asked about was, as you said, more of a macroeconomic one. Thus, I chose a different one.

Thanks for your response!