HELP I AM UNSURE ABOUT MY IA TOPICS

My IA chemistry proposal duedate is about time. I really need your opinion on my ia chemistry hl topics. I had two ia topics on my mind;

1. The effectiveness of gastric pain medicines to neutralise hydrochloric acid (magnesium tablets, powdered or liquid)

2. Which type of sugar produces more carbon dioxide in yeast fermentation; natural or artificial? (Is yeast fermentation is a good idea? Or should i go for calorimeter or spectrometer?)

Which one do you guys think it's more decent for my chemistry hl topics? I also welcome any recommendations, or comments. Thank you xoxo

I'm not really sure, but I think these topics are a little too simple for HL chem? If you develop the topic more, making it a little more complicated it might be okay. The first topic is something that has been extensively done before, so if you'd like to do it you'd have to put a new spin on it, and I'm not too sure about the 2nd one, it sounds a lot like a bio IA. This is just in my opinion though, I'd recommend talking it over with a teacher after doing some more research. Hope this helped!

On 12/29/2017 at 9:27 PM, lunalovegood said:

My IA chemistry proposal duedate is about time. I really need your opinion on my ia chemistry hl topics. I had two ia topics on my mind;

1. The effectiveness of gastric pain medicines to neutralise hydrochloric acid (magnesium tablets, powdered or liquid)

2. Which type of sugar produces more carbon dioxide in yeast fermentation; natural or artificial? (Is yeast fermentation is a good idea? Or should i go for calorimeter or spectrometer?)

Which one do you guys think it's more decent for my chemistry hl topics? I also welcome any recommendations, or comments. Thank you xoxo

I have taken HL Chemistry before, and I can say both topics are too simple as what @yara560 has said. 

The first one is just a simple neutralization, how can you determine the effectiveness? And the second topic is leaning towards Biology instead of Chemistry. I will highly suggest that you consult your chemistry teacher about your IA topics, propose these two to him/her, and see if your teacher can make it up to Chemistry HL level and more on-topic to aim for a higher mark. 

• Like 1