Are new IB schools worse than the older ones?

So I got accepted into a yrdsb IB candidate school and im wondering if it going to be decent or not because if it isn't then i still have time to go to other schools for AP

2 minutes ago, Nomenclature said:

Are you sure they only have HL's for English, chem, and geography?

Im sure. I checked their course calendar but 2017-2018 is their first year of IB for 9th graders so i dont know if they have training or not for the IB programme

On 2017-12-29 at 2:15 PM, crcrcr7 said:

Im sure. I checked their course calendar but 2017-2018 is their first year of IB for 9th graders so i dont know if they have training or not for the IB programme

It's not that I don't believe you; I'd just be suspicious of an error on their part in posting information online. I would call and verify that those are in indeed the only HL's they have, because it's quite surprising.

In the case that that's true, then you'll have to decide if those subjects accommodate your interests. I'd say it's a good decision to go to another school and do AP's if you personally aren't interested in those subjects. It won't be fun to do IB and have to do classes which you didn't even pick but were forced into because you had no other options.

And yes, all the teachers will have training. The process to become an IB school is actually not that easy and fairly rigorous. 

I don't recommend going to a new IB school. Certainly if you really want, you can apply next fall to transfer to another IB school in yrdsb/ycdsb/nearby districts. Otherwise AP sounds fine too.

Edited by kw0573

In Singapore at least, the new IB schools are quite decent as seen in how even the new IB schools are able to produce 45 pointers. However, this is almost expected in a way since Singapore is known for their academic rigor, therefore these new schools are also bound to do well despite their lack in experience in the IB programme.