Sources for works in translation essay

blueberry9

My teacher is telling me that I need to add sources to support my ideas for the works in translation essay. In the past my English essays have  come from my own ideas or the ideas discussed in class so I'm a bit unsure of what she means. I've tried to have a look in literary journals but I can't find any relevant sources so I'm a bit stuck. 

Does anyone have any suggestion for research? My novel is The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum by Heinrich Böll if that helps. Will my mark be affected if I don't use research from other sources? 

Even i faced a similar problem while doing my essay on kitchen and moonlight shadow..... i had a lot to write and they were my own ideas i din't surf the net or do anything special, but it showed some plagiarism, and i was really pissed 'oh come on,those were my ideas, and why is this happening to me?' my teacher asked me to search for resources and there was none. 

1) she asked me to type it this way: for example: Yuchi did this....and i think..........(and end it with) this is my own perception about the incident etc...or as discussed in the group discussion i came up with etc....

2)She asked me to choose a  different question/title for the essay

I ended up changing the book itself and did it on Chronicle of a death foretold.

Hope it was helpful,

sorry but i don't want to misguide you.

Edited by Guest

On 2018-01-06 at 10:05 AM, blueberry9 said:

My teacher is telling me that I need to add sources to support my ideas for the works in translation essay. In the past my English essays have  come from my own ideas or the ideas discussed in class so I'm a bit unsure of what she means. I've tried to have a look in literary journals but I can't find any relevant sources so I'm a bit stuck. 

Does anyone have any suggestion for research? My novel is The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum by Heinrich Böll if that helps. Will my mark be affected if I don't use research from other sources? 

Try using Google Scholar. I typed in the novel's title and results popped up. Just take an argument from one of the papers and either agree with it, disagree wit it, or expand on it with your own ideas and analysis.

• Like 1