IA and EE help

Advaith

Hi,

I am doing the IB program in Chennai, India, and I am halfway through year. My subject choices are:

HL Mathematics

HL Chemistry

HL Physics

SL English Literature

SL French Abinitio

SL ITGS

I'm aiming for a 7 in all subjects. When is an ideal time to start working on the Internal Assessments and is there any guide which I can follow to ensure that it matches up to the criteria required? I am also planning to do my EE in either physics or chemistry. Would taking a HL subject for an EE be too stressful? Also, for my ITGS IA, my teacher recommends making a website. I have a basic knowledge in html, but are there books or tutorials to help teach me the advanced versions of it?

Thank you the help

Hi, I give you some tips based in your situation:

-focus on your HLs. Math, Physics and Chemistry are hard. Do past papers. Study the criteria for every single paper/IA. Bear in mind the wordcount but don't rush. 

-I think that the EE is not really about HLs or SLs, but just about the subject. Of course it will be better if you have a deeper background on the subject, but not always. If you want a straight A without a big effort, do it in literature, they are the easiest according to people and IB statistics. If you want something more challenging, do it in Physics or Chemistry, but bear in mind that you will need more help from the teacher. A good EE supervisor is also important. 

-Do the IAs as soon as possible. I did one in summer and the others+EE during the 2nd year. Just have them done on time and make sure the teachers know you're working hard and you're engaged with the process as they are INTERNAL assessments and they will correct them.

Guides... Just IB official guides for each subject. There you have everything.

Good luck and hope you get good marks!!

• Like 1