EE Topic

Lyka

Hi everyone, 
Our teacher said that as early as now we can start our EE already, but I'm not sure of my EE topic if its good or not. This is my EE topic.

"To what extent did Andres Bonifacio leadership and the KKK lead to Philippine independence?"

• Lyka changed the title to EE Topic

I'm not at all familiar with the topic, so I apologize if I'm wrong and please correct me, but it seems like you're taking something that almost nobody would argue against and using it as your thesis. Generally, you want something that is a little more controversial or unknown. It seems like most students of Filipino history would know of this and immediately agree.

8 hours ago, Nomenclature said:

I'm not at all familiar with the topic, so I apologize if I'm wrong and please correct me, but it seems like you're taking something that almost nobody would argue against and using it as your thesis. Generally, you want something that is a little more controversial or unknown. It seems like most students of Filipino history would know of this and immediately agree.

Hi, Nomenclature :) thank you for your opinion:)...I'm having a hard time to choose a topic for my EE.Can you give me an idea? 

Unfortunately, I can't just suggest a topic. You can certainly keep a similar focus on the history of Filipino independence, but try to find some more controversial topics, a topic which historians can only speculate on, or something as simple as asking a question related to your topic with multiple answers and then choosing one.

An example of the latter is say I'm interested in The Second Battle of Piave, instead of asking "To what extent did the Allied Powers win the battle?", which I shouldn't ask, because historians and all people agree they did, I should ask something like "What was the most decisive factor in the Allied Powers winning the Second Battle of Piave?". I should then show various things that enabled the victory, provide evidence for how one was more crucial than others, and then voilá, there's my essay.

Look at some exemplar Extended Essays in History, those should help to give you a good idea of what your aiming for. Your history teacher and EE mentor should also be able to help with this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nomenclature said:

Unfortunately, I can't just suggest a topic. You can certainly keep a similar focus on the history of Filipino independence, but try to find some more controversial topics, a topic which historians can only speculate on, or something as simple as asking a question related to your topic with multiple answers and then choosing one.

An example of the latter is say I'm interested in The Second Battle of Piave, instead of asking "To what extent did the Allied Powers win the battle?", which I shouldn't ask, because historians and all people agree they did, I should ask something like "What was the most decisive factor in the Allied Powers winning the Second Battle of Piave?". I should then show various things that enabled the victory, provide evidence for how one was more crucial than others, and then voilá, there's my essay.

Look at some exemplar Extended Essays in History, those should help to give you a good idea of what your aiming for. Your history teacher and EE mentor should also be able to help with this.

Ohh I see..thank you so much :)

• 5 months later...