Bio HL or Chem HL ??? for Veterinary Sciences

roseh

Okay so I am currently choosing topics for IB and I want to make them revolve around veterinary sciences or like animal biology because thats what I would like to do in the future. I chose to take HL Bio and SL Chem, which Ive been thinking about and debating about for a long time and I dont know if it was the right choice or not. 

I read that some universities don't really require or look for biology if you want to go for veterinary sciences and would like to see more of the Chemistry/Mathematics side?? Should I have taken HL Chem and SL Bio? Or just one science? Helpppp 

Thanks !

You're right about the universities, I haven't seen many that specifically state which science they prefer over the other, even for the course I want to take, which is psychology. I take HL Biology and it is difficult. I think your choice of class levels are to be suited to the universities you have researched.

I don't know much about veterinary sciences but according to the University of Glasgow, you might want to change your Chemistry to HL together with Biology HL. It states that for the Internation Baccalaureate "Chemistry HL6 AND Biology HL6 AND Mathematics OR Physics at SL6. A minimum of 6 points in English at Standard Level is also required." It really does depend on your University of choice's IB requirements.

I hope this helped

-K

• Like 1