Chemistry IA

IBlearner73

20 minutes ago, IBlearner73 said:

Hello guys,

I don't know how to shorten my IA, I feel like it is concise enough, but I have also so many graphs that have to be included, and will it be okay if I reduce their size? How did you guys make it fit into your page limit?

Please share any advice, thanks.

General things I did to cram ~6.5k words into 13 pages:

-Use 1.0 spacing and size 11 font

-Narrow margins

-Smaller graphs are fine, so long as important numbers/figures in the graph are readable 

-Avoid excessively large headings and sub-headings

-Shorten mathematical derivations (if present), and ensure background information is not in excess

-I found using tables for methodologies and evaluations to help with minimizing used space

Hope this helps. If you want a concrete example, my Chemistry IA is available for download on this site. 

15 hours ago, IBlearner73 said:

Oh, thank you a lot. And yes, it would really help me to see an example. Where can this be downloaded? Thanks again.:D

3 hours ago, IBlearner73 said:

Oh, and also, I have another question: Are appendices allowed?

Appendices are allowed, but by and large examiners have repeatedly stated that they are unnecessary and will not be marked. Therefore there is no reason whatsoever to include appendices. 

My teacher told me that they are prohibited, but the thing is that I have a lot of graphs(for calculating the enthalpy change) that I need to show (there are some 15 graphs as I have 5 conditions with 3 trials each). What would be the best thing to do? Would it be better to put them in the actual body(but I think it will detract from communication), or leave them in an appendix(and try to squeeze them on fewer pages)? Thanks again for helping me.