NEED HELP FOR HISTORY IA QUESTION!! PLEASE IT'S URGENT

avill2713

Hi everyone,

My class is beginning to write the first section of our history IAs and my teacher said that it will be okay to revise our questions. I have to write this first section in 2 days, but I am having doubts whether or not my research question is appropriate or not. Here is my question: "Was it inevitable for the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings to occur?" I feel like the question is not specific enough and based on my research, there are so many theories that my IA could end up all over the place. I was thinking about changing it but with a topic similar to my original one, like this: "To what extent did the Soviet Union's declaration of war against Japan during World War II affect their surrender in 1945?" Could I still use my first question or should I try to revise it? If so, what are some ideas for topics? Thank you so much!

You can still use the topic of Hiroshima and Nagasaki but I'd suggest switching to something like "To what extent did X affect the occurring of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings during World War II?" X could potentially be a specific policy one of the countries had or a specific battle or event in history or a specific conference between the Allies or Axis Powers.  

• Like 2