I need help.

MK2019

I never thought I would come to this point but it's getting way too bad. I am doing absolutely horrible in my first semester and it's really killing me. I know this is long, and I'm really sorry, I just thought it would help to explain.

So lets start off with my pre-high school years. Looking back at it now, it's crazy how everything changed. All until high school, I was considered the smartest in my grade. I was always social, had good grades, and participated in sports. I would get awards for top student and all balanced student. In my graduation of grade 8, I got two awards, Top male, and Student of the year. Obviously I expected high school, specifically the next year, to be super challenging and all, but it wasn't.... And I still got horrible grades.

So that obv sounds really weird. Let me explain. I had serious problems. I remember going into every single math test, without studying. Wwhy? Well because I never did it before high school. I never felt the need to study. After this, horrible habits grew and by the end of the year, I was getting less than 80% average. Like WHATTT? I was so... confused. Because of a horrible start to grade 9, I was still unmotivated to try in grade 10 as I always thougt what everyone would tell me..... They dont count towards university. So a crappy start to grade 9 math in particular led to low confidence. And in specifically math, that led to mefailing grade 10 tests and coming out with a 68%. Wwe also had to do our grade 11 year of math in grade 10 to make space for IB courses and the same happend then. I then realized my whole situation. Unprep led to Low confidence, which led to failing tests, which led to completely no knowing of the ocntent, mixed with moving on to new courses led to me in a hige hole. Even if I wanted to start  working to aim for a 90%, it is now 10 times harder because I know absolute little about the previous ones.

So math is where this all started, but it kept going. It went on to the point where I got the worst f---ing habits anyone could know of. I am now in semester 1, a week away form exam. I do not do my homework, and fall so behind, I do absolutely ****. Like I think I'm averaging a 2+ in Math and it makes me look so dumbbb. I know I can obviously do better if I actually start focusing, but I need help. I think I may need a tutor, or a helper to help me with my habits. No matter how much i try I cant do good in any of my courses now, and it's putting me into serious depression. I'm doing so bad in Math, English, and even the ones I am usually strong in like Biology, and Economics. Even after all this, I have SUCH a strong feeling in my gut that makes me certain that I am able to achieve amazing marks, I just don't know what to do next. 

Hey, firstly I wish you all the best and hope you can bounce back. I know that at this stage of your life it might seem that high school grades will be the most important thing in your life, but I can guarantee that in 10 years you will have a completely different view.

Besides you do not need to take it from me. Robert T. Kiyosaki, a very famous business man and a great author, in his book " Why "A" Students Work For "C" Students" explains just that;  "A" students usually do not succeed later in their lifes, because the are afraid of failure and do not take risks. So do not worry. You just must understand that rough periods are part of life and bad grades do not imply that you will not become a successful, happy and well-balanced individual. The most important thing is to use this experience as a lesson in your later life.

Besides what I have already said you, I do not know how I could help. Me and a couple of friends are former IB students and math PhD candidates and we are starting up a website to help students with their IB math IA. We can definitely guarantee you will get a high grade, which will definitely boost your chances to do better overall. We are currently working on creating a website, ibmathia.com.

IB definetely puts a lot of pressure to students who are not even 18yo. Just calm down, maybe read Kiyosaki's book to see for yourself and just realise that high school grades do not matter for your later success. Lastly if you have any crazy thoughts, like suicide or thinking of self harming  plz visit a psychologist. 

Please let me know how you are doing regardless if you use our services at ibmathia.com. Thank you and good luck. 

• Like 1