Moving in the middle of IB program

max_f

Hello guys, so I am currently in year one of IB diploma and in the middle of it, I have to move away to another country. I know that it will somehow affect my study and it will be really stressful for me. I have to change two of my subjects cause the school im moving to doesnt offer the subjects. Im also stressed out because in my current school, we haven't start our EE and IAs yet but the school I am going to started theirs already. How can I be able to cope with this? How am I be able to catch up in a new environment?

• 6 months later...

I know a friend who had the exact same thing, some of the hl courses they already did a semester of weren’t available in there new school. 

My advice, if your moving during the summer, is research... research... and work. 

If possible, before you leave, ask your teacher to approve a ee question at least, so you can work on it later.

same with the ia, if not come up with ideas you know will be approved so you either get right to work on them in your new school or work on it during the summer,

make the most of your time, ask your teachers to give your tips, tell them that your new school is ahead and hopefully they may fill you in a bit more to ease your mind. 

Hope that helps.