The Diary of an English Language-Based EE Writer

IBantics

After much thought, I have decided I'm going to try and write an English A language-based essay. Here's hoping it'll be fun! This is my Extended Essay diary- maybe it'll be helpful to someone! If anyone else is writing an English A essay, please do let me know- maybe we can help each other!

Creating a Topic

I actually came up with a possible idea quite a while ago, but I forgot about it in favour of a tie between a history essay and an English essay. I wanted to write it about music, but after reading the EE guidelines for a Language A essay, my idea sailed right out the window. -.- Oh well- I managed to come up with a new idea after discussing some of the ideas with my friends. For now, I have permission to go ahead with my topic from my supervisor, so I'm working on finding a research question and finding some more sources.

Research Question

As of now, I have a pretty firm research question, and I've already started researching! I'm reading some background information about the topic so I can better analyse my sources, and I've got to say it's really interesting!

Edited by IBantics