MIT Decision

ezex

On December 15th, 2008 at 9PM MIT gave out the answers to all 5000 early action applicants. Of those only about 500 made it and the rest got either rejected or deferred into the next admissions decision in April where another 300 will be selected. Other than being one of the most selecitve colleges in the world and the top 1 in many engineering careers, it is also said to be an amazing place to live in. As of monday, me and a friend became the first ever MIT admitted students in our school's history; we are extremely happy about this. I'd have to say IB in a way helped so thanks to everyone here for everything, I really loved the forums. Of course I won't stop now ;) and expect to see my brother following my footsteps in the following year.

If anyone else got accepted or knows someone who did, post it here!

Letter of Admission:

MIT OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Ezequiel,

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it is my pleasure to offer you admission to the MIT Class of 2013. You stood out as one of the most talented and promising students in one of the most competitive applicant pools in the history of the Institute. Your commitment to personal excellence and principled goals has convinced us that you will both contribute to our diverse community and thrive within our academic environment. We think that you and MIT are a great match.

You have until May 1, 2009 to let us know if you’ll call MIT home for the next four years. Until then, we look forward to building our relationship with you and helping you to get to know us better. Over the next several months, we’ll be in touch via phone, email, and web.

Because there’s no better way to get a taste of life at MIT than to spend some time here, I hope very much that you will attend our Campus Preview Weekend (CPW) for admitted freshmen, held on campus from April 16-19, 2009. You’ll attend classes, share meals and conversations with current students, and experience all the ways in which people spend their time and live their passions at MIT. (And most importantly, you’ll get to meet your future classmates!) Look for a new CPW portlet in your MyMIT account in January, which will contain schedule and registration information.

And now for the requisite fine print – I must remind you that this offer of admission is contingent upon your completing the school year with flying colors. (Because you’ve been admitted early, there will be many temptations throughout the rest of the year to keep you from your schoolwork. Please don’t let that happen!)

I hope you’ll agree with us that MIT is the perfect place to prepare for your future. As a member of our community, you’ll join builders, scholars, entrepreneurs, and humanitarians. Together, you will make all the difference in a world that desperately needs you.

Many congratulations, best wishes for a wonderful holiday season, and welcome to MIT! Now stop reading this and go celebrate. :-)

Sincerely,

Stuart Schmill

Dean of Admissions

Thanks Everyone :D I'm super duper happy :(

@Forester:

Sort of not really :) I used the Questbridge application which is the same as the MIT one but a little more detailed. And that one didn't have the optional essay so I wrote it into MyMIT account and I think they took it, though I'm not sure. By the way, there's a funny story behind that essay because I freaked when I saw it. I couldn't think of anything I'd built and then my teache comes up to me and asks about my design tech project! Do you have the class? Cause really they want to see the ability to create something from you and design tech is the perfect way to go.

@Chesire_Cat:

Really it's had to tell you what I did to get in, they are constantly saying that each person is different and that the application process is never defined by one thing. I mean I really like math and science and took like 6 college math classes at FIU all the way up to calc 3, differential eq., and linear algebra and some organic chem too. My SATs weren't all that good in english because I havent been in the country for long, 600, but I overcomensated with a 770 in math and 770 in SAT2 math and 710 chem. I loooooove sports too, and snow. There were trillions of other cool things I did cause I love them but seriously I'm just happy that I got in because when I went up there on april and saw the classes I just knew that was the place for me.

• 2 months later...