Introverts and Extroverts

Lixter

Introverts vs Extroverts  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an introvert or extrovert?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert
    • Neither, I am an ambivert
  2. 2. Do you think introverts or extroverts perform generally better in school? (In different aspect of school - could be academics, social networking etc.)

• Introverts
    • Extroverts
    • Neither of the above

I have always classified myself as an introverted individual and felt that extroverts tend to strive in the classroom setting due to the fact that teachers (well, mine at least XD) demand us to be more vocal with our ideas and opinions. This creates a lot of pressure on me to constantly voice out my opinions in class but all I really hope is that more teachers can understand that we (introverts) are willing to contribute to the discussion only after we process the information and actually form an opinion on the matter. Whereas, on the other hand, extroverts tend to thrive in these group discussions as they feel more comfortable bringing forth their ideas. However, I also noticed that most of my introverted classmates, at least that is what I believe, seem to be better leaders (not trying to offend all the extroverts out there XD) as they seem to be more meticulous and organized in group projects.

Thus, this brings up the question that I always ponder about: Do introverts or extroverts perform generally better in school? (in different aspects of school - academics, social networking etc.)

On a side note, someone who is introverted may not necessarily suffer from social anxiety (or have difficulty expanding one's social network). Introverts, by nature, are merely a group of people who easily gets mentally drained out after socialization. An introverted person may be fantastic in interacting with others, however, he/she may just not be able to socialize for long periods of time. Conversely, extroverts derive their energy from others through socialization.

Genuinely interested to hear what you guys have to say! :D

PS: I hope I am not the only one feeling this way? o.O  Also, I really hope I didn't offend anyone with this post although it may seem like I am quite biased against extroverts. :mellow:

Edited by Lixter

I have also classified myself as an introvert and in some cases that has taken a bad toll on me. My school actually forces us to speak in front of the class and be more socializing and upfront about our opinions and I have always sort of sucked at that. Since participation had always been graded in my school, I had to up my game with other assignments as I tend to fail in the participation activities. Which was pretty frustrating and melancholic... I guess that is the part about IB that I hated the most, participation and all, so I didn't get much of the awards either for classes, cause I didn't speak much, or for leadership, and also the teachers didn't know me well. Even though I did great in other areas of work in the classes, it always seemed that teachers put "speaking out" as their number one priority to win academic awards.