Pre Ib grade 9 math

sarv

Hi everyone! 

I have a lot of free time on my hands these days, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for Math textbooks, websites or study guides that follow the grade 9 Ib curriculum? I wanted to see what subjects I haven't studied yet and which ones I'll have an easy time with. It'd be cool if you even name the textbook you used.....

Tips for other subjects are appreciated too!

Thank you!

On 1/27/2018 at 6:51 PM, Rebecca132 said:

I would love to help you! After all, I just survived the first semester of grade 9 pre-ib~~~~~ It would depend on what school you'll be going to, I can help you more if you can specify that!

Thank you! I'm going to St.Roberts (Ontario).

14 hours ago, Nao Matsumoto said:

Dude you are still in Grade 9, no need to worry for ****. PreIB? Dude thats grade 10 when you do personal project and choose DP subjects for next year. Just play as much as you can, drink, party have fun you've got "free time on your hands."

I'll bear that in mind thanks :D

I'm still curious though, and I figured having a head start never hurts.....

On 2018-01-30 at 8:38 PM, sarv said:

I wouldn’t say there if much to prepare as Pre IB is still similar to academic. We use Nelson math text books for math at St.Robs, but you can’t really study much since we have our own course packs as well. For math, it’s hard to study since they combine concepts from different grades. French is relatively easy and you can get a head start my memorizing the conjugations of frequently used verbs. Since you can start getting the feel to how physic formulas work and in English, we just read Romeo and Juliet and mainly just analyzing text. Hopes this helps!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rebecca132 said:

I wouldn’t say there if much to prepare as Pre IB is still similar to academic. We use Nelson math text books for math at St.Robs, but you can’t really study much since we have our own course packs as well. For math, it’s hard to study since they combine concepts from different grades. French is relatively easy and you can get a head start my memorizing the conjugations of frequently used verbs. Since you can start getting the feel to how physic formulas work and in English, we just read Romeo and Juliet and mainly just analyzing text. Hopes this helps!

Thank you! This was super helpful! 

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2018 at 8:38 PM, sarv said:

I’m sorry for being off topic,

but apparently I’m applying for the exact same high school and program that you attended, St. Roberts in Ontario. I’ll be starting my first year there next year, in September, 2021. So could you perhaps inform me of what it’s like? Is the program hard? I passed the entrance exam, but I was told by my peers that the program itself can be very hard, so I’m scared that I may not be suited for the pre ib program. And if you can, I’d also like to know the difference between the regular math and pre ib math. I am very nervous for I am totally unprepared for this, my parents can’t help much since they don’t understand much English, so I’d be grateful if you’d provide me some insight on this. 
thank you