Written task 2 on Obama hope posters

Hello,

I'm currently doing a written task 2 an analysis on the "hope", "change" and "be the change" posters for the 2008 election. I wanted to know if there is a specific structure you have to follow for this prescribed question “How could the text be read and interpreted differently by two different readers?” I'm also having trouble coming up with ideas relevant to the select interpreter. 

Thank you to anyone who helps : )

I don't think there is a so-called specific structure for the question, or any essay question as a matter of fact. Just ensure that your essay shows a clear flow of logic and a smooth transition between ideas and paragraphs.

1 hour ago, Sam1223 said:

I'm also having trouble coming up with ideas relevant to the select interpreter. 

I am unsure what you mean here. However, from what I am guessing, I am assuming you have a tough time narrowing down on the two required interpreters of the text. If this is what you meant, here are a few ideas that I have right off the bat:

1. Democrats vs Republic (Would be easier since the poster is essentially sending a political message to its audience)

2. Youths vs Elders (Perhaps different generations would view the same text differently?)

Hope this helps! :D 

Edited by Lixter
  • Like 1

Thank you very much. I meant to say that I have already selected two audiences: Obama's voters from the 2008 election (Democratic) and Trump voters from the 2016 election (Republican) and I'm having trouble finding perspectives of trump voters regarding the posters, should I make them up. 

Edited by Sam1223

7 minutes ago, Sam1223 said:

...I'm having trouble finding perspectives of trump voters regarding the posters, should I make them up. 

You should make up your own points of how the different audiences would view the same text differently. For eg. Trump supporters may be more critical and uninspired by the campaign due to their political differences. But as for your evidence, I personally feel that you should try to avoid making it up since the evidence plays the role of backing up your point, hence if your evidence is inaccurate/unreliable/made up, it would be less convincing to the audience. However, if you really cannot locate any online resources that does so, you could try collecting primary data whereby you conduct an interview with a Trump supporter and talk about their views on the Hope campaign (although I understand it may be quite a tedious process). If you are still unsure about the topic, the best thing to do would be to consult your literature teacher. 

Hope this helps! :) 

• Like 1