IB diploma vs IB certificate

Sally

hi people in here I need your advice and suggestions :) we are all between 19 to 19 years old and we can get each other so:) im an ib student obviously haha. my subjects are geo psych and English B hl. Bio math Spanish and Arabic A lang and lit sl . this semester I filed with biology which was really the hardest moment, I have some difficulties in English as well as it is my thired year stuying the language. anyway now my class teacher and my headmaster are trying so hard to convince me with the certificate according to them IB is not worth at all as well as polish universties do not ask for diploma :( I am so lost i bearly sleep at night and i don't have any sort of rest or fun at all . as I am what would you do ?? please do not insult me with bad words or make me feel ashame of myself :(

Hi Sally, it is normal to face some struggles and challenges during your IB journey, for such obstacles are inevitable and unavoidable. Therefore, you could argue that what you are going through now is quite normal (I am sure many others in this forum will be able to relate to your situation too). As for whether you should drop out of the IB, I cannot give you a definite answer since it really depends up to you. Do you see any other value in the IB course other than its certificate? If so, what is it and is it really worth it? These are questions that you have to reflect upon and only you have the answers to these questions. 

Hope this helps! :) 

The certificate will be fine, if you don't need the Diploma. There is no shame in that. But the Diploma will be seen as the ideal one if you are applying to universities, internationally. If it is a matter of choice,  then go for the Diploma. But if you are struggling and the reasons are more profound than lack of sleep or not trying hard enough, then you may not have any choice.  It is better not score low or fail subjects at IBDP.