Psychology LAQs

IBlearner73

Hi guys, 

I have a question for the LAQs in general: How long do they usually are? And if you have a lot of ideas and content relevant to the question and it is not repetitive, can it be over 1000 words? Also, how do you guys usually go about writing them in the first place? Do you just read the content and begin? What are your tips?

Thanks a lot

well, first i'll begin by saying that there is no particular restriction on the length of the LAQs. You can only write so much in an hour. I usually end up writing 3-4 pages worth of work, so if you think that the content is relevant then, by all means, go ahead. But keep in mind how much you can memorise and write in an hour. For writing the actual LAQs, I first begin by reading through the study guide and the internet, searching for relevant studies and information to the title. I usually use about 4 studies. Then I write up an essay, with an introduction, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion, compiling all of this information together. I read through it a couple of times, then I practice reproducing that essay in exam conditions if I have time. Usually, for the practice tests my teacher organizes, we have around 3-4 titles to prepare so I don't really have time for that. Just remembering the key points, the theory and the studies should be okay. Hope this helped!