IB courses inhibiting my choices for university courses

So I took IB math studies as I was quite interested in drama and music, so instead of doubling up for math SL in 10th grade, I went to advanced classes for music and drama and lost the opportunity of taking math SL, not realizing that the courses, such as in sciences, that I will want to study I won't be able to in Canadian universities because of math studies. I don't quite understand why I need math SL to do sciences or especially nursing and environmental sciences, which doesn't even need that much of math if I am not wrong, in universities. Or why can't I do math courses that is needed for science courses while doing science in university? Is there any suggesting of what to do about this, like how I could do sciences in universities without math SL, or what I would need to do? I got to know that I can transfer from humanities to sciences in second year, but some universities say that it is quite difficult and sometimes students cannot do that, so what are my options? 

Hello Quastine! 

There was a student in my school who also faced kind of a similar problem whereby she needed a pass in HL Math instead of SL Math for a specific university course. She resolved this issue by taking an external exam outside of school to complete the requirements (it was not a HL Math exam; it was an A level examination). However, for your case, I am not really sure of your options because universities from different countries have different requirements. You may need to check with the university you are intending to go to or discuss with your IB coordinator about the options you have.

Hope this helps!