Visual Arts Criteria/Final artwork standards?

cyanide

Hi! I'm new to the website but I'm currently an IB1 doing Visual Arts HL. So far everything's going great but I'm wondering if there is a criteria guide that defines final artworks that one creates? I usually get 7s or 6s on my pieces, but I recently got lower this time and I don't know why. I wouldn't expect there to be such a guide, as art essentially has no limits, but I just want to know if there are certain points that we have to achieve for a good/suitable artwork, unless its all really up to the teacher's opinion with no explanation. 

Thank you in advance for any help at all! Appreciate it. ;)

• 1 month later...

Super late reply but I hope this still helps - this is the rubric for the final Exhibition, however some points mention the artworks in specific. Some of the most important points are the expert level of techniques when making your artwork, the look of a professional, and using effective imagery to portray your intention!

The rubric can be found here if you want more reference. :)

Edited by AwkCookie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AwkCookie said:

Super late reply but I hope this still helps - this is the rubric for the final Exhibition, however some points mention the artworks in specific. Some of the most important points are the expert level of techniques when making your artwork, the look of a professional, and using effective imagery to portray your intention!

The rubric can be found here if you want more reference. :)

Hey, it's alright! Thank you for the reply! And of course thank you so much for the rubric, I'll be sure to check it out. I really appreciate it! I had no idea there was something like this. Thanks man :D 

• Like 1