Hello all,

I am Pre-IB student looking for options to take Economics either SL or HL in DP. My school does not offer these courses, so I wish to take them online. I already decided that I am going to take Philosopy SL online due to my passion for the subject, but I am unsure of Economics. How is the learning environment in Pamoja online courses? What are its strengths and weaknesses in terms of its ability to foster academic development? Especially, what is the degree to which the teachers are supportive? Less importantly, are there any other online courses? I heard of the Elite in London, but I know little of them.

Thank you very much in advance

Edited by NotAProcrastinator
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello!

While I'm not sure if you still need this information, there are indeed other online courses that you can take through Pamoja. I found a link listing the other courses they offer:

https://pamojaeducation.com/for-schools/pamoja-taught-courses/

I'm not really qualified to answer your other questions since I won't be starting the IBDP until next school year, so I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 1

HI!

I take Psychology HL on Pamoja and it's really easy to follow. The teachers respond to messages in 24 hours or less, rarely more. 3 of my friends take Economics SL on Pamoja and they are all getting 6s, they tend to complain that their teacher takes a while to respond to messages but he never takes more than two days. They never complain about the class being difficult to follow and they follow the class to the point where they are able to explain things to someone who knows nothing about economics, me. The biggest weakness when taking Pamoja is when you have group tasks. You could either be assigned a random group or told to choose your own members of the group. Some people, just like members of a face-to-face class, are not very cooperative and tend to not contribute to group work but that could always be solved by talking to them and your teacher. All of the students at my school that take Pamoja consists of those that take Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, and Film. Each of us has a class of about 50 students and up to 5 teachers with one teacher being the main one. There are also some youtube videos on Pamoja. If you'd like to look for more threads on Pamoja, please use the search bar on the top right of the page and type in the keywords "Pamoja", "Economics Pamoja", and such.

I hope this helps you somehow!

Cheers

• Like 1