History Extended Essay Title

Rae01

Hello. I was wondering if writing my history EE on the European partitioning is a good idea. If so, what are the components/essentials of a good Extended essay and an extended essay question?

Thank you

Edited by Rae01

The topic seems fine to me. 

Personally, what matters most in an EE would be the scope. Don't be overly-ambitious or specific with your research question - the key is finding the right balance while coming up with an EE research question that you are interested. As regards to how you should control the scope of the research question, you might want to consult your EE supervisor (or another IB student). 

Hope this helps! :)

Not many people know of the european partitioning so dw you're not ignorant. I only found out about it because I take History's Africa and the Middle East. Anyway answering your question, in simple words the European partitioning is "carving up" of the Arab world making them into separate countries.

Because it happened during WW1, should I mention other events or focus specifically on just the partitioning ?

Thank you

That's fine if you focus on that short time period and perhaps pick a country, and if you develop a good question.

You probably already know this, but History EE's are not retellings/summaries/synopses of history, so you need to have a research question/thesis. Do not mention anything that is not related to answering your question/proving your thesis.