TOK ESSAY (May 2018): Knowledge Question

LTLB

My teacher has said that the flow of my essay is fine and that the knowledge question has been implicitly implied. I just would like to know whether it is alright to not mention a knowledge question explicitly in the May 2018 syllabus. Is there going to be a penalty for not mentioning it?

I submitted my essay in the 2017 session; my teacher instructed us to type the knowledge question at the top of the paper verbatim. We did not count the question against the word limit. Then leave some space, and then start your essay. (If you're wondering about my amazing memory, don't; I just looked at my final copy of the essay because I didn't remember)

Edited by Nomenclature

Adding to what @Nomenclature said, it is indeed helpful to state the prescribed title (the one you choose from questions 1-6) at the top of your essay. This does not count in the word limit. However, any other knowledge questions you are discussing related to your prescribed title can be implied rather than stated explicitly.