Please help me narrow down my ee topics

dripdrop

For the extended essay, could anyone clarify the limitations of what books I could possibly use? I know a lot of it depends on how well I do with analyzing and stuff, but I feel like I have a lot of ideas for comparisons that wouldn't actually do well once I write them. Here are some of my possible topics, and they are all over the place because I feel like I can't get a good grasp of what direction I can go in, so I've considered just about every book I've ever read and tried to compare it. Could you tell me just if any of my topics are actually appropriate and something I can work with or if they are all stretching too far? 

The theme of female oppression/gender codes in The Story of an Hour (Kate Chopin) and Madame Bovary 

Magical Realism in A Wild Sheep Chase and James and the Giant Peach

Themes of alienation and existentialism in Frankenstein and Notes From the Underground

The meaning of being human in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and Frankenstein

Also, how hard would it be to write my ee on either one novel, or several novels by the same author? Is it much harder than a comparison? 

Edited by dripdrop