Math SL IA - Advice Needed

Lusted

So while thinking of an IA topic(TL;DR at the bottom), I ended up going with something related to video games, loot chests to be more precise(In League of Legends). I'll be focusing on the skins that these chests can give to the players and the rerolling system. Basically, if you have three skin shards you can reroll them into a random permanent skins shards. Note that all skin shards have a value attached to them, as well as the final skin itself. You can also disenchant these skin shards to obtain orange essence that is a fixed percentage of the crafting value. I might try to average the amount of RP (paid in-game currency for cosmetics) to equal the orange essence(Can be gained from disenchanting any type of cosmetic item, as well as being bought in bundles with RP) needed to craft these skins to be able to have one unit to measure the value of everything. I wanted to try and calculate the values of everything so that one can determine whether or not rerolling three skin shards would be worth it or not compared to disenchanting the shards and getting the orange essence instead.

TL;DR - Loot boxes, comparing the costs of disenchanting 3 skin shards to gain orange essence vs. rerolling the skin shards for a completely random skin. basically seeing at what point is each case more valuable/cost-effective to the player. C&C would be appreciated :nicole:

Edited by Lusted