Chemistry IA Help HL (URGENT)

NicknameTara

Hi,

I started doing my chemistry IA on the effect of temperature on buffering capacity. I added a pH 7 buffer to distilled water and titrated it with NaOH. I then measured the amount of NaOH taken to increase the pH of the water by a unit of 1. I tried this for temperatures between 5 and 80 degrees but there was no significant difference between the data obtained. 

This there any notable fault in my methodology?

I have to finish gathering data for my IA within one week. Since I was going to discuss the effect of temperature on the equilibria of the buffer solution, I am in the process of finding another IA experiment in the same subject area. 

If you have any suitable ideas or any improvements for my previous method, please let me know.

Thank you 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi. I plan on working on this topic. Do you have any advice? I can't find literature values and am not sure how to proceed. I initially planned on using a sodium-citrate buffer and titrating it with NaOh and HCl at different temperatures, but I'm not sure about my buffer choice anymore..