Are my subjects too much?

Pierre Rheeder

On 2/25/2018 at 6:21 PM, Pierre Rheeder said:

I am starting the IBDP in August and I have decided to have Math, Physics and Computer Science as my HL's and English, French and Phsychology as my SL's. Will this be too much work or should I keep it this way?

Hi there!

It really depends on the kind of person you are. My friend takes exactly these HLs and he really studies half the amount of time that I do (and I do an easier combination of only two sciences HL!). He's much more 'gifted' in physics and maths, so he doesn't struggle much with the content of the syllabus and is able to follow in class easily. Staying organised and having folders where you store your notes is key. If you do that then you're good to go! 

I'd perhaps advise going for 4HLs at first considering it is harder to foresee how things will go. Personally, I did 4HLs (with maths HL), and I only really dropped maths HL in October of my second year. :yep:

17 hours ago, mac117 said:

Hi there!

It really depends on the kind of person you are. My friend takes exactly these HLs and he really studies half the amount of time that I do (and I do an easier combination of only two sciences HL!). He's much more 'gifted' in physics and maths, so he doesn't struggle much with the content of the syllabus and is able to follow in class easily. Staying organised and having folders where you store your notes is key. If you do that then you're good to go! 

I'd perhaps advise going for 4HLs at first considering it is harder to foresee how things will go. Personally, I did 4HLs (with maths HL), and I only really dropped maths HL in October of my second year. :yep:

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...