Rubik's Cube Math IA Help

Ken730

Hey, I'm thinking of possibly talking about the Rubik's cube for my HL math IA. I've done some research and saw that I can apply the group theory from the option topic (sets, groups and relations) but I'm not quite sure what I can exactly talk about in my IA. 

Thanks!

The Rubic's cube is a very complex 'system' and puzzle, and is often chose as an EE topic rather than an IA topic. We are unable to tell you exactly what you should do for your IA, but we are able to guide you and give you an opinion regarding the direction you're going in. 

Is there a particular aspect of the Rubic's cube that interests you? Will you be able to create a satisfactory IA in 12 pages exploring something as complex as this puzzle? Worth noting is that the Rubic's cube is very often used. Whilst it's not a bad thing, it'd be good that you find 2-3 solid ideas you can propose to your teacher so that you can choose the best one :yep: