Is IB really that hard?

alex7890

If you manage your time well, you will most definitely have time to watch Netflix. :) Just don't leave stuff until the last minute, keep on top of your work, and you will have time to chill out with friends on the weekend and watch Netflix. Unless you expect to spend hours on end binge watching TV shows, then yeah, that might not be feasible, but I think that's true for any high school programme. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex7890 said:

ok so I know that IB is a hard and rigorous course and very stressful, but some people say that if I manage my time it will be fine. Realistically, is it THAT bad? Will I still have time on weekends to have freetime and watch Netflix??

I had time to play 1-2 hours of an online game on most weeknights, and this was throughout DP2. It's honestly fine – I would just watch out for EE deadlines, but if you're on top of things, even that won't faze you. 

Guest TheMagical7

Assume that IB is hard and stressful, and don't do it if you are not looking to work hard or if you don't have the emotional mettle to survive failure.

It is a course that punishes those who have high expectations but have their emotions and priorities in disarray. If you are worrying about Netflix that probably includes you like many other people. For me, course content for 5/6 subjects is a breeze - but it's the assignments as well as EE which really waste your time that should be spent on course content.

Edited by TheMagical7