What if your IA topic is mostly related to chemistry?

AdamZ333

I've already submitted my IA, but have begun to have second thoughts about it. My topic was related to the biochemical composition of a type of food (don't want to be too specific and give away my idea) and how it changed as the food was cooked. Though I discussed protein denaturation and the structure of lipids and proteins, which relates to molecular biology, I also found myself drawing heavily on chemistry technqiues in my method (such as reflux!) and in my analysis. I talked about organics a lot. 

So if you feel like skipping that long-winded explaination, please give your thoughts on this: Can a biology IA be entirely rejected or given a 0 if it essentially sounds like a chemistry IA?

Hi Adam!

I personally feel that there will be occasions where your IA (especially science IAs) will overlap with one another - and it is alright as long as you relate the findings of your IA to concepts found in biology. So, it shouldn't be too big of a problem.  

Edited by Lixter